Tucson 2017 Trip Computer

Anyone would know how the "Range" or estimated distance the vehicle can be driven "just after refueling" is calculated by the trip computer ?

Den

Reply to
Den

I doubt that anybody here would know how it's really calculated but multiplying the gallons remaining in the tank by the average miles/gallon seems like a very reasonable assumption.

Reply to
dsi1

Based on observation not actual calculation, it has some semblance to the mileage on the last tank but it is very optimistic. I've never gotten the stated range.

From actual calculation, the real mpg is lower than that the trip computer says I'm getting by at least 3 or 4 mpg. Not just Hyundai but I've seen it on other brands.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My problem is that the "Range" after every refueling is always around

667 km. That would mean: 62L/(9,3L/100km) = 667 km They seem to use a constant 9,3L/100km for calculations (30,3mpg)

My last trip (127km) the trip computer indicated: 6,9L/100km or

40,9mpg. (Cruise control 101-102 km/hour, no wind, freeway)

It does not use the actual average L/100km or MPG for calculations ??? My average is around 8,0L/100km or 35mpg. Range should be: 775km

Just wanted feedback from your experience.

Den

Reply to
Den

There's all kinds of ways to do range calculations. What you don't want to do is give the range estimate without some mileage in reserve - unless you' re planning on running the tank dry. It's all a guess anyway. It would be b est to give a conservative estimate of range. Using 30MPG rather than 40MPG as a basis for calculations is the smarter, safer, move.

Reply to
dsi1

That's a wise suggestion. I'll just be happy with this conservative estimate of range and forget precision.

Thanks

Reply to
Den