2007 Santa Fee

have any of you had any experience with a back up camera as far as installation and use. It is impossible to ascertain objects below the window when backing up All your help is appreciated

Reply to
hamish

Had the same visibility problem in my truck with the cap on. A simple inexpensive item I use is a type of lens that I picked up in Walmart for around $10 I think it was. This lens is close to the size of a sheet of regular paper and it is somewhat flexible. It sticks on the inside of the window in my truck cap and provides me with better visibility (I can see my small utility trailer with the lens but not when I remove the lens). The nice thing about this lens is that it is applied by just using water so it can be removed and reapplied any time you want. Overall it is cheaper than a camera but it might not provide the view a camera would.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
lmcclaf

Its called a Fresnel lens.