Any SANTA FE owners with close to 100,000 miles yet ???

Ive got a 2002 Santa Fe with 31,000 miles on it, and, its just as tight and rattle free as the day i brought it home. Just wondering how they are with alot of miles on them, and, what problems people have had up to the warranty expiration ? Would you buy another Santa Fe ? Have you grown tired of the styling ? Thanks.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

108k on my 01 GLS. Our 03.0 LX has about 85k on it.

As for rattles, heres what I've got:

A> Cheap aftermarket single-DIN-to-double-DIN converter for the stereo rattles (Not Hyundai's fault).

B> Rear window clamp rattles on severe washboard dirt roads. Visual check says the plastic window latch mechanism is wearing out. The 03 LX uses metal in this location and doesn't have a problem. Worst case scenario

C> Mild 'clunk' in the front end going over larger potholes. I haven't fully investigated the issue but it appears from looking at rockauto.com it couldn't cost more than $175 to fix (or as little as $14, if its just a crappy ball joint)

Reply to
JS

Thanks for the update JS. Rattles can be a big annoyance, especially if you like to drive (often) without the radio on . Dave

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa