BREAKIN ??

My 2009 KIA shares the same ( 2.0 ) engine with the Hyundai line.

When cold, the engine sounds like a bucket full of marbles.

When it warms up, it runs "silent".

Is this common ? or should I press my dealer for warranty work ?

( there's about 6000 miles on the car )

Reply to
Anonymous

Some noise is normal at start up when it's been sitting a little while. Oil hasn't quite made it through the whole engine yet. That being said, it should quiet down within about 30 seconds. Seems like the hyundai/kia engines are a little more noisy than most.

Reply to
Ed

Has it done that since new? Only below a certain temperature now that winter is here? I'd want to hear one at the dealer's lot to compare and be sure of what you hear. May be normal, may not.

Reply to
Ed P

My 2006 Sonata GLS is very loud upon cold start-ups if I haven't driven the previous day. After about 30s it does quiet down, but it's pretty unnerving. My Hyundai dealership just told me there's a CPU recommended tweek that just came out,and that was (at least) supposed to "improve" things.

Reply to
Yabahoobs