Clanging Noise from Rear of Car

I have a 2000 Elantra with about 85K miles on it. At low speeds, I hear a clanging noise from the rear of the vehicle when I go over a bump. It sounds like cymbals or plates of metal banging together. I have no idea what this sound is. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
andrewclois

First, check the trunk. Next, look underneath at the muffler brackets, sway bar bushings and other suspension parts.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

archive:

Sounds like a heat heat shield is loose.

Reply to
billyboy24d

The trunk, at the top of the trunk by the rear passenger seat there are two horizontal bars that act as springs to secure the trunk, they sometimes jump out of their bracket slots. I taped mine to stop the loosness.

Reply to
irwell