Considering purchase of an Elantra

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a new Elantra. I'm a DIY'er and would like to know:

Are there detailed books, CD roms, etc that are available to do service, maintenance, etc? Does Hyundai sell the service manuals to DIY'ers? Are parts availibility a problem? Is there a scan tool specific to the Elantra or is generic okay? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Dermott

Reply to
Diarmud387

The factory manuals are posted online at Hyundai WebTech. Access is free.

You can order them if you feel the need for a hard copy. I prefer to simply print out the pages I need from the web site as I need them.

Not if you have a dealer nearby. Aftermarket replacements for wear items are readily available.

I'm not sure. Perhaps someone else here can answer that.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

generic obd II with iso protocol. bill

Reply to