Dealer bites the dust

Actually, JP, I WAS referring to CNBC because they were interviewing the new Pay Czar, who refused 12 invitations from Fox to appear on their show. NBC is NBC no matter what letter appears before it. You should know that from your Ebonics classes. If you are so up to date and know both sides, can you tell me the down side of the Farm/Environmental Bill that your girlfriend, the great Nancy Pelosi is DEMANDING be passed by the end of next week? Why does everything have to be rushed through Congress before it can even be read and digested? This one is 1000 pages NOW. Have your TV stations told you what it will do to the American economy and how much it will affect the price of operating the farms, which of course translates to food prices?

Do yourself a favor and watch some Fox News so that, in the future, you won't look quite as stupid when someone asks you who in the hell you voted for. As for me, I voted for the American. Maybe I'm mistaken but you appear learned and therefore probably aren't looking for a free ride like most Obama voters are looking for. That probably means you are either from the New England area or are a young, idealist who hasn't learned anything yet. If you are neither of those, than I truly feel sorry for you and your offspring (God forbid).

Reply to
631grant

I too would gladly vote for a third choice if they had a chance of beating the Democratic Fascist party.

Reply to
631grant

I've voted for the third parties often. If enough people did, the other two would really take notice and perhaps get their stuff together.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Where hare headed? Tortoise wants to know.

Reply to
Miles Monroe

LOL There is nothing funnier and scarier than someone who doesn't know how stupid they are.

Reply to
Miles Monroe

I didn't make an error. Educate yourself. You are only entitled to an informed opinion, not regurgitating right-wing talking points.

No, stupid, it was all three of them. (That's Reagan and both Bushes.) The Republican agenda of deregulation and greed is good, and f*ck you I got mine.

Reply to
Miles Monroe

Sorry 631 where was it you said "the other side of the story" again? After reading about all your other extraneous stuff the answer escaped me.

I'm afraid I don't know about the Farm/Environmental Bill that you refer to. I googled farm bill and didn't come up with anything that seemed relevant and then I went to the govtrack/congress/search bill and didn't find anything there either. Do you have an HR #? You certainly will get no argument from me that Congress is not doing there job and that goes across party lines. The business of Congress seems to be to get reelected and anything else is a bonus.

If I watch Fox News then I will know who I voted for? There's so much I don't understand. Perhaps I should watch them.

It sounds like you think there was only one American running in the last election but I can assure you that with a Supreme Court, who has a majority of it's members appointed by a Republican, I think it's highly unlikely that a non-American could be nominated, no less be elected, as President of the U.S. (At least as a Democrat). I now that sometimes certain constitutional issues are kind of winked at but ....

I kind of have trouble following the logic in your last part. You say I appear to be learned and not looking for a free hand out (thank you I would like to think you are right on both counts), but then you go on to say I am either from NE or a young idealist who hasn't learned anything yet. Being neither of these, and since you are from the Athens, GA area and also not a young idealist it sounds like we are in the same boat. I appreciate your empathy and wish to extend my sympathies to you and your offspring. I know how hard it is to accept someone so antithetical to be your President but look on the bright side. At least you aren't a heartbeat away from having Sarah as your president.

631grant wrote:
Reply to
jp103

You might have had a good start there, but when you dove down to the gutter with the "gas guzzler" crap, you completely lost any credibility with your points. It would benefit you to examine the numbe of GM vehicles that got over 30 mpg for the past several years, and how that number compares to the competition. For all that GM has screwed up, gas mileage is not among the list of bad moves. But then again - it does feel good to type "gas guzzlers", dosen't it?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
jp103

This is like looking in a mirror...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Your statement that it was the fault of Bush and the Republicans is completely false. Any thinking person knows that and the data supports that the Democrats played a huge role staring back with the "New Deal." Read some history. It is very interesting.

First, it was Bush, then it was Reagan, now it is both. Do you have a

4th lie to share?

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

You sure as hell substantiated my point if you don't know about the bill that is now being vigorously debated in Congress!!! See what I mean about the networks you watch? Ever watch the Senate or House proceedings? My guess is NO. Once again, you Dems with your head in the sand won't find out what is going on until it is too late and then you'll spend your time trying to blame it on Bush even though it's being done right now by YOUR Congress. Your type is the reason this country is going to hell! I guess you also can't see the maneuvering that is and has been going on to position the country to grant amnesty to 20 million illegal aliens. Once again, when it's over, you'll say 'How did that happen?'.

Reply to
631grant

No, I'm only two sniper rounds away from having Nancy Pelosi as my President!!!! NOW THAT REALLY SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
631grant

I was wondering when you would jump in, Mike. I know about GM with their claims of all their 30 mpg cars but 30 mpg really doesn't cut it in the land of $4 a gallon gas, which is where we will end up again. The HHR is a great little car and we have one in our family but it SHOULD be getting 40 mpg. I just don't believe 30 is the magic number we'll be looking for. Personal opinion.

Reply to
631grant
1 Where did you say "the other side of the story"? 2 Do you have an HR #? 3 If I watch Fox news I will know who I voted for?

If you need some help with the answers -

1 As regards this thread I didn't. 2 Hmmm no 3 How the hell would Fox news know who you voted for?

Perhaps you could get your news from Colbert and Stewart because it seems that you just aren't enjoying life right now.

I do appreciate some of your posts about Hyundais so keep up the good work.

631grant wrote:
Reply to
jp103

As I've said on previous posts (and arguments with you) that when 40-50 mpg is the norm in Europe, to say 30 mpg is good here is calling us a third world country. Please don't bring up the emissions copout since Europe is more Green than we are. Hell, my Sedona, just like yours, gets 30+ mpg. For a little car like the HHR or Cobalt to get the same mileage is sick.

Reply to
631grant

Hey, I just visited the new Chevy website and the Cobalt is being claimed to get 37 mpg!! Now that is quite an improvement and I stand corrected. I think Fiat and the Ford Fiesta will both force even more advances in fuel mileage in the coming years. They might even put enough pressure on Congress to adopt regulations to allow European diesel technology into the US and THEN we will truly have oil independence.

Reply to
631grant

Well, I guess you have 'shot your wad' if you're down to citing typing mistakes and making fun of my Parkinson's causing me to hit extra keys. FUCK YOU IN THE HEART!!

Reply to
631grant

Jp, Jp, Jp

I'm not helping you anymore to avoid watching Fox to get the other side of the story. When you find out what I'm talking about, you can cry on my shoulder. I'm not making anything up. It's for you to find out.

Reply to
631grant

Curiously enough, the Cobalt with Auto transmission gets 4 MPG less than the stick! That is very unusual in today's advanced automatic technology. Usually the auto trans' are getting the same or maybe one mpg less than stick, but 4?????

Reply to
631grant