door panel removal

hey everyone I was wondering how to remove the door panel on my 99 hyundai accent. im installing power locks on it and i can't seem to remove the window crank and the door handle. Ive removed everything else no problem. please help!!!!!!!!

Reply to
amandan

Window cranks are usually held on with a C type clip. There is a tool that is made to pop them free, but you can accomplish the same thing using a rag. The crank fits on a splined shaft and the part of the crank that goes over the splines is usually flat on two sides. Those two flat spots usually coincide with the sides of the handle as you look at it. Assume the part of the spline area that is under the crank to be the front and the part that isn't to be the back. If that makes any sense to you. Slide a rag (or try putty knife) under the handle - under the actual handle part. Try to push what you imagine a C clip to be in there, off. I'd try to draw it, but I'm rotten with ascii art. It'll take a few attempts - it does even with the proper tool.

I haven't looked on the Hyundai service web site, but you might try there for a picture or two.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I've never been able to get a clip removal tool to work well on these. The opening in the retaining clip faces the knob on the handle. I usually turn the crank so that the knob is up, put a flat-blade screwdriver between the crank and the plastic washer on the top side, and then pry toward the door on the washer while turning the crank. This will push the clip off the handle as you turn it.

Reply to
hyundaitech