Seat Belt Warning Light Bulb

How do I remove the seat belt warning light bulb on the dash of an '88 Saab 900?

Reply to
itten

If you wear your belts, the light won't come on.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You stole my thunder...

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Actually, the switches in the buckles are pretty iffy after a while. #1 always wear your belt. If the light is on even though the belt is buckled, remove the bulb. To do this, remove the radio and it is right under it. Pull the holder out and remove the bulb. This assumes you have a C900 and not a NG900.

KeithG

Dave H>

Reply to
KeithG

On mine (9-5) a gnat on the passenger seat will trigger the Wear Yer Seat Belt! light and the bing-bing alarm. Well, not a gnat but any bag of reasonable weight far less than any human could weigh.

Reply to
Colum Mylod

In the 95 (and 96) there's a switch on a chain attached to the underside of the passenger seat. The length of the chain can be adjusted for the weight in the seat before it triggers the switch and the FSB light, all according to the KISS principle....

In a 9-5 that's probably done by the PIS (Passenger In Seat) computer and you'll need another computer to reprogram it.

-------- MH '72 97 ''77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

I thought that's to switch the seat heater on, isn't it?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

No seat heater in the passenger seat in a 95/96, driver side only (1972- ).

If there's sufficient weight in the passenger seat the chain will relax, the switch will close the circuit and the light will light. The 'buckle' contact breaks the circuit.

I have seen a tape switch in the seat heater circuit. 'Off' when there's no weight in the driver seat.

------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

Let me re-phrase that:

What I meant to ask is: My seat belt warning light bulb appears to be burned out as it does not light at all. How do I remove the bulb to replace it? I can see it when I pull off the red lens but can't grab it with my fingers.

Reply to
itten