Engine light and pinging noise questions

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone in this group will be able to help me out with 2 problems:

My 01 Hyundai Accent is driving me nuts (no pun indented) with the engine making a lot of pinging noise (during accelleration, going uphill). I've tried using better gas and sometimes it it goes away and then I can hear it again. I also had the air flow sensor replaced - still the same thing. The car works great other than that, the funny thing is that some days it doesn't make the noise at all.

I recently checked my engine light codes and it came up with P0133 and P0717. How do I verify that whatever needs to be done to rectify the problem associated with the errors is covered my the powertrain warranty?

Great thanks!

Reply to
projektor
  1. P0133 represents front oxygen sensor readings that are too static. Check your exhaust for leaks. Fix them first. If you have none, I'd recommend replacing the oxygen sensor.

  1. P0717 is a transmission fault for the input speed sensor. It comes together with the output speed sensor in one piece called "pulse generators." I'd be secure with replacing them to address the error code.

Start with the above. It's possible the cause of the P0133 is also the cause of the pinging.

You'll need to have the dealer do diagnosis to verify what the problem is in order to determine whether the repairs are covered. Based on what you've posted, I'd say it's very unlikely to be a covered powertrain repair.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks!

hyundaitech wrote: