Hey Hyundai Tech - 2003 Tiburon Clutch Adj.

Following message was posted previously as a followup to my prev. post. Thought the Hyundaitech guy might have more suggestions regarding clutch adjustment on 2003 Tibs.

Thanks

SuperGlide

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier post. Visited the daughter over the weekend and spent a little while under the dash working on the clutch adjustment. The tech page in the Hyundai web site seems to give some erroneous information regarding the clutch pedal adjustment. Just no way (in my opinion) of adjusting the clutch pedal height as much as they recommend. Maybe the hyundaitech can shed some light on that.

But, while I was down there breaking my back and scraping my arms under the dash, I noticed the two pistion electrical-switches seemed to limit the travel and I was able to adjust them to free up a little pedal play. Also, I noticed that the pedal had been "bottoming out," on the floor mat. Someone had suggested looking at that. THANKS!! Whatever I did seemed to correct the problem (at least I could not get it to "happen.") Drove the Tib for over two hours on Chicago area expressways and suburban highways.

Reply to
SuperGlide

I usually just adjust so there's a little play by feel.

Reply to
hyundaitech