How many miles can a put on my 96 accent?

I have a 96 accent woht about 92,000 miles. I take good care with it. just had some minor repairs, normal for a car that old. So how many more miles I can put on it, if I take care of it??

Reply to
MATTHEW C ZANK

I had a 78 Chevy Nova that finally died after 500,000 miles. It had

60,000 miles on it when I bought it. Then I bought an 86 Dodge Omni with 15,000 miles on it and that car finally died with nearly 400,000 miles. I then bought a brand new 96 Ford escort wagon. It now has almost 350,000 miles on it. Looks brand new too! The Ford folks are amazed!! I just hope my new 04 Santa Fe does as well.

MATTHEW C ZANK wrote:

Reply to
Sirius

The first accents didn't handle rough roads very well. If you live in an area where you do a lot of driving over rough roads, you may develop problems with the body and suspension which make the car unsafe to drive while being prohibitively expensive to repair.

If you live in an urban area and have an automatic, you may also develop transmission problems. While better in quality than the km176 transmissions previously used by Hyundai, I saw a significant number of failures in Accent transmissions.

If you don't think your circumstances will bring you to either of these problems, keep driving and be happy.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I put 170,000 miles on New England roads on my '94 Excel before it got to the point of repairs being too expensive to be worth it.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom