HT: Does the Hyundai 1.6 litre GDI engine come with oil bypass in its Block ?

Could you tell me for sure ? Thanks, David.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I'm not sure what specifically you're talking about. What would be the purpose of this? Is this some sort of overpressure protection or are we looking to bypass a particular component?

Reply to
hyundaitech

Specifically, is there a Factory oil bypass valve WITHIN the Engine Block to allow oil to be bypassed before it enters the oil filter in the event th e oil filter becomes clogged ? There is in many auto Engine Blocks and im wondering if this is the case with the Kia 1.6 GDI ?

Reply to
ilbebauck

k to allow oil to be bypassed before it enters the oil filter in the event the oil filter becomes clogged ? There is in many auto Engine Blocks and im wondering if this is the case with the Kia 1.6 GDI ?

I can't find a reference to anything like this. I'd be very surprised if i t had one. The only bypass I know of dumps oil back into the crankcase in an overpressure situation, but that won't help oil the engine.

Reply to
hyundaitech

THANKS !

Reply to