Hyundai aims high with new premium sedan

iwhtwcimtlfmwmaomopw

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:56:27 -0700, a rock fell from the sky, hitting iwhtwcimtlfmwmaomopw on the head, and inspiring the following:

Ooh, nice. I like to see that automakers are getting back into RWD. I had a FWD maxima and an FWD Sedona. Couldn't stand either. Even driving the Azera wasn't that nice, when I took it on a test drive.

Reply to
PerfectReign

I like Hyundai's moxy, going head-to-head with the "legends". Badges mean nothing to me, and there are others out there who look beyond a famous badge.

With enough perseverance, they can get very close to BMW, MB, and Lexus in quality and features. Maybe Hyundai can't quite get the "feeling" of the luxo badges on the first try, but I bet they can get so close it hardly matters. At any rate, you can expect a very nice ride for 40% less money. -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

The wife wants one now.

Will this really hit the market?

Steve

Reply to
Steve R.

Steve, tell your wife she has to wait !!!! I got dibs on the 1st one

Reply to
']['unez

A few weeks back I got an email from Hyundai requesting I take a survey. It was all about naming a new model that is aimed at going up a notch. They did not give a release date.

I like the new line of commercials comparing the Hyundai models with the much higher priced rival. Land Rover wins in cup holder category.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I like that approach myself. Dare to compare!

There are better cars than my NF Sonata for sure, and they are worth more money, of course. But are they worth twice the money? I don't think so. You get rapidly diminishing returns for the extra $20-30K outlay, and Hyundai is determined to educate the public to that. -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

I bought the Sonata Limited. To get a different band with all the same features, I'd have spent at least $5000 more. I was thinking about a Lucerne and to get the ESC, I'd have had to spend about $10,000 since it is only available on the CSX. I also like driving the Sonata much more than my LeSabre.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski