Toyota to announce new hybrid Camry

And it will be made in the US so not only will it have hybrid technology but many of them will have rattles.

Reply to
Art

Hey, isn't your 300M made in the US? I thought you said that car is rattle-free and the best car you've ever had.

Reply to
badgolferman

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Half the gas usage? Seems unlikely.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Oh let us hope not. I'd like to see some good ole US products being quality and I think if it's any company that can do it, it's Toyota.

Reply to
Josh

Very smart move. Since they have Scion and Lexus taking care of the rest of the market, Toyota should excel pretty well with Hybrids. God knows we need a good company to get us out of the hands of Oil.

Reply to
Josh

Yes but Toyota's made in the US often have rattles. Check this group. The people who have rattle problems mostly have US made Toyota's.

Reply to
Art

Maybe in the city you'll save a lot of gas but not that much in highway driving. The decreased emissions is good but gas will have to go up quite a bit or the hybrid premium needs to decrease before it is financially worth the cost for most buyers.

Reply to
Art

My Sienna made in U.S., no rattles. My Dodge Caravan, made in U.S., was a rattle trap.

Reply to
Dbu.

Over here in the Little Olde UK, part of that future has arrived: normal unleaded petrol around the equivalent of $1.55/litre (hmm, about $5.87/USgal, if my numbers are not squiffy). Of course, we don't have so far to drive -- usually -- but we do have all those charming little twisty roads and strait-jacket streets to crawl.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

I guess we can assume it will only be assemble, ("Of world sourced parts" as Toyota puts it in their newest ads) in the US like the rest of the Camrys. ;)

mike hunt

Art wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Still drives like a normal Toyota? Do you mean even the hybrids are going die on the hills as well? I thought the torque of the electric motor would at least help the 4cy engine keep them up to speed on the mountains ;)

mike hunt

"C. E. White" wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2