Hyundai Radios

Tried unsuccessfully to remove the radio from my matris as i wanted to replace it with a Radio & Minidisc playeras I'm not fussed on the CD format. Just discovered a simple solution and it has been made legal in the UK in this past few weeks. Its an MP3 transmitter which will also transmit any signal to the existing car radio - including music from my portable minidisc player by wireless. It even lets you set the wavelength you wish on the radio. Main thing is no screwdrivers and no dismantling of the original installed Hyundai Radio/CD. I've copied and pasted the blurb here : Belkin Tunecast II MP3 Player FM Transmitter & Accessories

QVC Price =A336.50 Introductory Price =A329.88 UK Postage & Packaging =A33.95 Save! Buy two or more & save on postage and packaging

Enjoy your favourite music through any FM stereo with this MP3 transmitter kit. Easy-to-use, the Tunecast wirelessly connects portable music players to your car or home stereo using FM radio waves. Free of fiddly wires, simply tune-in your car stereo or receiver to experience dynamic sound quality. It features four programmable memory slots so you can save the clearest station, and an innovative auto on-and-off function that works upon detecting audio signals. It has an operating range of about 3m - 9m and a frequency range of 50Hz - 15 kHz.

Reply to
Bill

Simple yes, but there are many other and better choices than the Belkin Tunecast products.

The range claims are very optimistic. I find that they stop working about the time you can no longer read the name printed on the front of the device. In other words, 1-2m tops and that's only with a set of really fresh batteries, which it will eat in just a couple hours.

Still it may work for you and I hope it does. But don't expect spectacular results. It might require a bit of trial and error to find the right model/brand.

Note to Hyundai: spend the $5 and put > Tried unsuccessfully to remove the radio from my matris as i wanted to

Reply to
PMDR

Agree 100% about the Aux input. Unfortunately I am impatient. Can't wait that long for Hyundai to change. There have been other emails about the disappointment concerning the flexability of the H radio and this is the only cheap short-term solution I can see.

Reply to
Bill

Basic problem with RF transmitters is you use them inside the car, transmitting to the radio antenna, which is outside the car. In my Santa Fe, the Belkin unit didn't work very well as the signal wasn't strong enough through the metal roof to the antenna at the rear of the car.

I ended up using a wired unit, which was also a pain as the Hyundai radios use a non-standard size antenna socket. Works OK, but an auxiliary plug would have been so much easier.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo