Hyundai warranty

Is there somewhere on the Hyundai website that I can find out when the warranty expires. I bought this 2002 Hyundai used and it only has 50,000 miles. (Or do I have to call the dealer??)

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
mule

Yes, that would be under the section on warranty. Who'd have though it?

Try clicking on it and you go right to it. Here is an excerpt: Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e. selected Engine and Transmission/Transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. Coverage applies to Original Owner only effective with 2004 Model Year and newer model year vehicles. On 1999-2003 Model Years, coverage applies to Original Owner and immediate family members (i.e. wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).

Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5 year / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e. taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You'll probably need to call the dealer to get the original delivery date. If you'd like to post your vin, I'll run it and tell you. The basic warranty is five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Reply to
hyundaitech