Hyundai's handling of recall on older Sante Fe

My daughter and her husband purchased a Santa Fe in 2003. They've enjoyed it as their primary vehicle since then.

While they have most of their routine maintenance performed by a local mechanic they started having trouble with the ABS system (like the ABS activating at 20MPH when slowing down). The local mechanic recommended they bring it to the dealer.

Well, they did and while there the service mgr told them that there was a serious recall on their model about torsion bar corrosion. In fact, they wouldn't let them take the car back until they received parts and repaired it. They also told them that there was a broken read axle speed sensor which was effecting the ABS readings.

So, the dealer called Enterprise and had them bring over a brand new Ford Explorer for them to use for the "several weeks" it might take to get all the parts.

My point is that I am impressed with what Hyundai service policy is doing for this customer even with a vehicle that is seven years old. And ALL under full warranty.

My guess is that when the time comes they will seriously consider a new Santa Fe.

Just wanted to share how a good company handles things.

Reply to
bobmct

"bobmct" wrote

I'm impressed.