Hyundaitech - 2004 Tiburon Check Engine Light

This morning I drove my 2004 Tiburon - 4 cyl, 5-speed with less than 4000 miles - to the golf course. Everything was fine. After finishing the round, I started the car and it almost immediately died. I re-cranked and after about 5 seconds, the engine "spit" and it started. On the way home, the engine would not go above 3000 RPM, whether in gear or in neutral. After about 5 minutes of driving, the Check Engine light came on.

I went directly to the dealer's service department, without shutting the car off.

The service took about 2 hours and was covered completely by warrenty.

The scan test codes as reported on the service record were:

P0456 - very small leak P0499 - Vent VLV SOL CRT P0335 - CPK Snsr malfunction

The tech wrote: Remove and manually test CCV & PSCV. Could not force either components to fail. R & R both ccv and pscv. Clear DTC. Test OK. R & R CKP sensor.

Parts used were:

1 - 28910-22040 Valve - Purge Contr 1 - 31430-29200 Calve - Cannister Cl 1 - 39180-23500 Sensor Crankshaft.

My question is, what could have caused this? Is it something inherently wrong with my engine? Should I be concerned about it happening again?

Thanks

Reply to
Handlebar

The issue with you perceived symptoms was most likely the crank sensor. The other items were possibly one time failures, but the codes were still retained in memory. They certainly didn't cause your sputtering, etc. If the crank sensor was the culprit, everything will probably be fine for quite some time.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thank you.

Reply to