i30 Owners - Lend me your ears...

Or more accurately - your fingers...

Having just about limited the contenders for a new car to the Mazda 3, 6 or Honda Civic, I decided to have a quick peak at the Hyundai dealership to check out the i30 given the good press it's been getting in the Australian press.

In short, I was very impressed - moreso than I expected to be by a Hyundai. I assume all of the inclusions come at the cost of build quality and resale value, but it's hard to look past the value for money and the 5 year warranty.

Given it's such a new car, I've been unable to find too much about it online. Can anyone offer any owners opinions - good or bad, as well as anything I should look for if I look to buy one? Is there any difference between the 2007 and 2008 model? Is the 2.0l petrol auto as good a drive for a non-rev head as the 1.6l diesel which has been getting all the press? All feedback is gratefully received.

Cheers.

Reply to
Janet Talia

Hi, this forum seems to be mainly frequented by U.S. folk and I don't think the i30 is sold there yet.

There is an i30 specific forum here:

where you may get more answers.

If it's any help, the two Hyundais I've owned have been the best cars I've ever owned. This is after 45 years of driving and many new cars including Mazda, Honda, Toyota etc.

I'm sure the i30 is every bit as good as they say it is!

Good luck!

-- Message posted using

information at

Essex

Don't know much about the Australian version. In Europe th i30 and Kia Ceed is almost the same car, but with the Kia as the one with the firmer grip on the road (Build in Europe). The i30 we get is at the moment build in Korea. Same motors and both are highly prized in the press, Just as you mention the diesel gets most attention. As far as I've seen testdrives over here the other versions shouldn't be bad either

Daisy

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to