Keyless Entry - Elantra

I have discovered the only way to unlock my '05 Elantra without the alarm going off is to use the remote. If I try to use the key, the alarm triggers. The owners manual says I should be able to use either the remote OR the key. Is there some secret handshake or something that I am missing?

Okie

Reply to
Okie

if you lock the doors with the remote you have to unlock the doors with the remote but if you lock them with the key you can open it with either the key or the remote.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

IIRC, locking with the key does not set the alarm.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom