kid's first car?

It's finally time. No turning back now. He wants a truck, but, to allow him time to save up for a good one (and establish some credit), I want a reliable, get-by car for him for a couple of years. My next-door neighbor is selling an '00 Elantra, 64,000 miles. Clean inside, fair outside with a couple of dings, paint has seen better days. Hopefully they would take $3,000-$4,000.

Anything to watch out for here other than the obvious -- checking Carfax, making sure the 60,000 mile service was done. That should have included timing belt, right? I also would take it to one of the AAA garages to have it checked out.

10-year warranty is transferable, as I understand it?

Thoughts?

Reply to
end_is_near1

I do not believe the 10 year power train warranty is transferable, In fact I'm sure it is NOT.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Drat. You're right! Thanks for the tip.