Beware of Cross Enterprises for Jeep bumpers

Cross Enterprise charged me but did not produce product. I am glad that I paid with credit card. Fortunately I was able to successfully challenge the charge.

I may not have the EXACT intervals of the intervening calls right, but the start and end dates and rough number of calls is correct.

Back in August I ordered a front bumper with receiver for my Wrangler. Mike was always very nice and helpful on the phone. Told me it might take a couple of weeks to get it powder coated.

Numerous weeks went by and I called and left him a message. He called back apologetically and said he had been away due to a death in the family and had a pallet out back that he thought my order was in.

A couple weeks later I left him a message and when he called back had another song about powdercoat being slow. I told him that I HAD been considering a rear bumper too but not if I never saw the front bumper first. Again, he was always pleasant and helpful on the phone - explaining how the rear bumper would mount should I order it from him. So I really thought this guy would come across any day now.

I didn't hear back for another few weeks (my credit card had long since been charged). I called and left him another message asking where my bumper was?!?

This time called back apologetically stating that wife was kicked in face with horse. I was sympathetic to his apparent bad luck and waited it out for another couple of weeks. Still no bumper. Left another message stating that if I didn't hear back I would have no choice but to contest the charge - but after another week or so more, no return call.

So I contested the charge last week. End of story.

If you still do decide to take your chances with Cross Enterprises, be sure to use your credit card so you have a chance at getting your money back.

Bill Smith

Reply to
BSartist