Maintenence schedule: Dealer or Hundai's?

I've always defaulted to the manufacturer specified schedule of
maintenance for my card (2013 Elantra GLS, 49k miles). I was at the
dealer today to get an oil change and do two recall fixes and they said
I should have gotten my tranny fluid replaced at 30k as well as a
coolant flush at 30k miles.
Manufacturer schedule
says nothing about tranny fluid replacement even up to 150k miles. Coolant, however, it says to change at 120k miles. Since I am an informed consumer and I know today's coolant and tranny fluids can go an obscene amount of miles before needing a change, are they just looking for cash? I should expect to change coolant before 120k miles though, no?
Reply to
TCW
You are depriving the dealer of a lot of profit. Shame on you being informed and reading the manual. Did they try to get you for fuel injection cleaning too?
I folow the book to keep the warranty with no hassle, nothing extra. Can't recall the last time for coolant but I'd do it at about 100k anyway.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Site Timeline Threads