NEED ADVICE quick!

Hi guys/gals,

My 2003 Santa-fe, Stellar 4 Cyl, 105 K miles just died..well didn't "die" but the clutch and fly wheel are SHOT. (I am not mechanically saavy..so don't ask me any more about that lol) The Hyundai garage said it's at LEAST $2K worth of work...so I basically want to be RID of it. I still owe $7,281 on it! I need to get rid of it fast. I have direct payments to BOA. Am I screwed? LOL...shit. Suggestions?????

Reply to
crowoman

Four years of payments and you still owe $7281!!!! Man, they saw you coming! :o) Shop around for prices. Don't just take the Hyundai garage word for it. You got good mileage out of the clutch so pay what you have to and get on with life. Just don't pay $2000.

Reply to
Tom

Ya they saw me! LOL...bastards!

Reply to
crowoman

I've got no real answers, but Tom has a point. Phone some reputable shops in your area and ask for quotes for replacing the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and flywheel.

Consider that you're responsible for the $7281 no matter what.

Consider what the vehicle is worth in its current condition.

Consider what the vehicle is worth after it's repaired.

Once you know the above, you can make the decision that hopefully costs you the least money.

Reply to
hyundaitech

It takes two to tango.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Bastards??? You have no obligation in this? No - they didn't see you coming - you blindly walked into a situation that you chose. Don't blame the dealer.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Oh geez come on...just saying. I wasn't mad I was laughing..making "conversation" if anything. I could have gotten offended and/or defensive or picked the statement apart (similar to what a couple of YOU guys have done)..but instead I rolled with it.

Reply to
crowoman

My bad. Knee jerk reaction, I guess. It's so common to see people blame everything on the dealers when so much of what they blame on them is really of their own doing.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

No problem - thanks man. :-)

Reply to
crowoman

Good advice, HT. If he doesn't want to invest in a new clutch system, then, perhaps, he can recover his $7200 by selling as is to someone who can do the clutch replacement at home. Might be a good way to get a car cheap.

Tom

Reply to
Tom