new 6 inline engine

Does anyone build a 6 cyclinder inline engine anymore?

Reply to
taters2

Makers of great cars do make inline sixes.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Detroit Diesel still does. Up to 515 HP

Edwin Pawlowski

Chevy trailblazer has a 4.2 double overhead cam inline six. Scott

Reply to
zonie

GM builds a straight 6. I hear good things about it too.

Reply to
Rob

The Jeep Wrangler has an available 4.0 liter inline six. It is an updated version of the Rambler six-cylinder engine introduced by American Motors for the 1964 model year. (I'm not sure how much longer this engine will be in production, but it's still listed for the 2006 Wrangler -- 42 years is a pretty good run!)

Reply to
pdp11

I read recently that it is being replaced by a V-6. I think I read this in Popular Mechanics.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

My sister had one 67 rambler, even she couldn't kill it. Had 7 main bearings!!! Very stout. I had the 63 Rambler model with the 6 cyl aluiminum block. Bought it with Blown head gasket! Resurfaced the block with a BIG file

Reply to
sqdancerLynn