Ping: Hyundaitech

I've posed this question before, but didn't get any takers.

I've got a 2003 Tib. I know the original CD/AM/FM radio is marginal at best. In my particular case, the AM reception is the real bugaboo. What I'm curious about is this: is it the radio, or the antenna?

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of getting an after-market unit, such as a Kenwood. But, I don't want to spend the bucks if the antenna, or its routing, is the real problem.

Got any ideas?

Many thanks.

Reply to
me

It?ll take some work to figure out where the issue is. Usually, however, it?s the radio itself.

If you do determine it?s the radio, make certain to purchase a unit that has good reception where you want it. Check around and speak to people who know about that sort of thing.

"me" wrote: > I've posed this question before, but didn't get any takers. > > I've got a 2003 Tib. I know the original CD/AM/FM radio is > marginal at > best. In my particular case, the AM reception is the real > bugaboo. > What I'm curious about is this: is it the radio, or the > antenna? > > The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of getting an > after-market unit, > such as a Kenwood. But, I don't want to spend the bucks if > the antenna, > or its routing, is the real problem. > > Got any ideas? > > Many thanks.

Reply to
Hyundaitech

Thanks, guys, for your suggestions and input.

Best to all,

ME

Reply to
me