Rear hub covered? '02 Santa Fe

It seems like the rear hub on my Santa Fe needs to be replaced. It's not the brakes. They're new. The car has 40K miles on it. It's never been off-road.

I'll try to get it to the dealer tomorrow. I'm trying to find out ahead of time if this is something which should be covered by warrantee. Anyone know? TIA

Ruth CM

Reply to
RPM1

Should be covered by the 5/60 bumper to bumper warranty (or the 10/100 if it's 4wd and you're the original owner).

Reply to
hyundaitech

Why does it seem like it needs replacing? Symptoms?

2wd, or 4wd? Did they take care of you?
Reply to
John Doe

"John Doe"

Heard a squealing after 20 min of driving. Thought brakes were bad. Had brakes replaced even tho they really didn't need to be. Squeal remained. Was told rear hub might be the issue. Went to dealership yesterday. It was the caliper bracket (not the caliper itself). It wasn't covered. Car has 40K on it. To my mind the bracket was defective. Tried to argue the point mildly. Tech said he gets lots of Hyundai's in with the same issue - none were ever covered. $320 later, between the brakes and the caliper bracket, I hope it's fixed. Raining now & yesterday. Need a dry day or two to be sure.

Ruth CM

Reply to
RPM1

Any explanation on their part as to why it wasn't covered?

Reply to
hyundaitech