Santa Fe 2001 vibrates when in drive at idle speed?

Santa Fe 2001 2.7,AT gasoline. Whole car vibrates while in drive at idle speed. In neutral and park vibration quits unless I turn on the AC compressor.

Reply to
Alfonso

It's hard to tell what sort of vibration you have from your description, bu t we can generally put idle vibrations in two categories: abnormally rough running engine or improper vibration isolation.

All engines have some amount of vibration, but this is relatively low for t he 2.7. For excessive engine vibration, you should consider misfire and ab normally low idle as potential causes. For improper isolation, consider a weak or broken engine/transmission mount.

Reply to
hyundaitech