Santa Fe window regulator/motor

Ok..here's the deal....an '02 2.7 Santa Fe with a drivers window that wouldn't move. Pushing the open button caused a click that sounded like the motor was grunting.

I finally did get the panel off and ran 12v right to the motor.....it grunted but no movement.

I pulled the motor/regulator off the door and lifted the motor off the regulator...everything looked ok. I put the motor back on the regulator and applied 12v directly to the motor/regulator off the door. It turned fine and reversed fine. Deep sigh....I loosened the plate that the regulator is bolted to and reseated it. I manually raised and lowered the window and it seemed free. Then I put the motor/regulator back on and now everything works great. I don't know how long it will last or what caused it. Any experience with this from anyone?

Jim L.

Reply to
Jim L

I've had this same problem on my older 2002 Santa Fe. Had to take it in about 3 times over a period of 2 years to the dealership to get it fixed. btw it is the regulator as well as the window runner that was causing my problem. The last time they finally got it fixed.

TS

Reply to
twospirits

That is good data! At least I know what to possibly expect. I thank you for the info

Regards, Jim L. Redmond

Reply to
Jim L