Side Door Light stays on

I have an elantra 2002 , the driver side door stays on even when I turno off the car. The only way to turn it off is when is start the rearview on! Once I turn it off , the side light again turn on. What can this be, I checked fuses and everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
MP

This particular sentence has me confused. In addition to the grammar issue, I?m not sure how a rearview would be turned on.

Regardless, my first instinct is that the door may be out of adjustment or the door switch may be faulty. If the dome lamp is on as well (when the switch is in the "door" position), that?d be verification.

Otherwise, I?ll need you to clarify the sentence above to get a better idea of what?s happening.

Reply to
Hyundaitech