"Smart Pedal" Question (Elantra)

Hello,

Getting serious about a new 2010 Elantra.

Saw a small piece on the web that Hyundai will be putting "smart pedals" on their Elantra's, and other cars, starting next month. (so touching the brake disconnects the gas)

Question: if I buy one now, will this be a simple re-programming of the car's computer that I can probably have done (easily)in a month or so ?

If not, worth waiting ?

The piece I saw on this was incomplete, so not very informative.

Anyone know more about this, please ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

My 2010 Sonata will not accelerate with the brake pedal depressed. In the wake of the Toyota boondoggle, it is a good thing to have, I guess. The downside is street racing. Remember when we were teenager and you'd hold the brake with your left foot while building some RPM by flooring the gas with your right? Does not work now.

Perhaps Hyundaitech can answer the question on retrofit, or your dealer's service manager.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski