Sonata 2000 V6: partial loss of the front panel lights

Hello!

I have lost part of illumination on the dash controls. For example the indicator that the AC is on works (little green rectangle), but the letters 'AC' are not illuminated. Also the shifter (the one that is on the floor) letters are not highlighted any more but the ones on the panel behind the steering wheel are fine. Also the cigarette lighter does not work which is a big deal to me. All fuses look OK but maybe I missed something

My question is: has anybody experienced the same problem and how difficult/expensive is it to fix this.

Your response is greatly appreciated!

Reply to
vrokhlenko

It will cost you nothing, and it really doesn't matter difficult it is for them to fix it. If I had to guess, it's probably a connector that came loose. The only problem I foresee is that the dealers can't get parts yet for the '06. I've been waiting for a month and a half for a power outlet that has no output. Good luck.

On another note.... As for those that say Hyundai is very customer focused, THEY ARE NOT!!!! A call to the 800 number asking to speak to a district manager about this and the unrepairable vibration problem this car has resulted in a call back from the service manager AT THE DEALERSHIP basically asking what my problem was - and we aren't talking about my car problem. A refresher..... car had a vibration since day one. They tried balancing the tires- didn't fix it. They swapped tires from a different vehicle on the lot. That made the car pull, and still have the vibration. They then moved the tires around on the vehicle. This made the vehicle pull the other way (was left, now it's right), but only slightly. My issue now stands at what's going to happen the next time the tires are rotated. They actually admitted ON THE INVOICE that they test drove the vehicle at 75 mph on a road with a

35 mph speed limit!
Reply to
Bob

It will cost me and probably a lot since my car is 2000 V6, not 2006!

Reply to
vrokhlenko

Go to

look at the schematics, and see what the common point might be for those lights.

Reply to
Bob

Most likely, the lack of illumination is just the bulbs. It'll be cheap if you're able to pull the panels and replace them youself. If not, be prepared to spend some significant labor money.

Check your lighter to see if you have power in the center terminal and ground on the outside. If so, you need an element. If no power, go back and check the cigar fuse in the interior fuse block. If neither power nor ground, you're probably unplugged behind the panel.

Reply to
hyundaitech