Aux. Outlet Problem

Hey, I'm new to this Google Groups thing. Anyhow, I have a 2000 Mustang V6 coupe and both the cigarette lighter outlet and the aux. power outlet have power, but nothing will work in them. I have a phone charger which works in every car but mine (along with other devices, but the phone charger is the one I use the most) and when I plug it in to either of the outlets it turns on but won't charge the phone. I know it's on because it lights up. Red when, I assume, its recieving power and either the phone is not hooked up or the supplied voltage is incorrect, and blue when its charging. It does turn blue, very rarely, but it does. I checked both fuses for the cigarette lighter and the aux. outlet and both are the correct 20A fuses and aren't blown. Also, the cigarette lighter itself melted so that might be of some use in helping diagnose the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Flight_Guru

Cobra65K

Better explain how to read the amp level.

Al

Reply to
Big Al