No Instrument Panel Lights on 2000 Monte Carlo SS

Hi,

I got in my car this evening and I have no instrument panel lighting. I got home and checked the fuses and all seems OK (Yes I turned the dimmer control to make sure it wasn't turned down). As well the lighting on the steering wheel controls and switches on the door's are also out. You can barely make out the shift indicator and radio display. Turning the dimmer control all the way til it clicks will turn on the interior lights. Could there be a problem with the dimmer control?

Any thought's would be greatly appreciated.

BG.

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 215,000 Km.
Reply to
Furnace

Did you actually pull the fuses out and look at them? Even if they look like they haven't been popped, I would still pull it and replace it with a different one. I've had fuses with bad contacts that looked ok, but because the terminals were dirty, they would not pass current through them. Also, I'm pretty sure there are two seperate fuses for the instrument panel lighting on my '01 Monte LS, so I would check both fuses on yours. I don't have the manual in front of me to tell you which panel they are in, but if needed, I can look it up for you.

Sharky

Reply to
Sharky

Thanks, I was messing around with the switch yesterday and the lights started to work again. Go figure!

Reply to
Furnace

The late 90's Regal used to have a similar problem. Was a defective switch. Common. Sounds like you have a bad switch as well.

Reply to
Mike Marlow