Sonata 2006, V6, Car Stereo

How much work is involved in installing a new car stereo. Has any of you done it, or any of gotten a price and time quote for the work involved?

Reply to
ptchristense

That's odd, I was just thinking of doing this myeslf. Maybe Crutchfield???

Steve

Reply to
Steve R.

I've got a 2006 Sonata. DO NOT get the Scosche HY1609B. It does not accept a single DIN radio.

They expect you to put the radio in the upper opening, and it simply does not fit in the assembly. Their tech support was worse than useless. All they kept telling me was that the had pictures of the prototype. Never mind that the production version is screwed up. I wasted $20.00 I think I used an American International kit. The harness I used is for late model fords. You'll need to make sure you apply power to antenna amplifier pin, and the harness does not do this for you.

Other than the problem with the dash kit, no major problems... Be prepared to find all the white clips that will come off the dash trim when you remove it. They fall back through the holes into the dash. I put a Pioneer 4900 in it, and it sounds good.

Reply to
Bob