Grandeur vs Sonata

What's the difference between the Grandeur and the Sonata? They look much the same to me. nn

Reply to
NickNike

The Grandeur (Azera in U.S.) is a little larger and more luxurious. In the U.S., it has a 3.8L v6 compared to the Sonata's 3.3L v6 or 2.4L 4 cyl.

Reply to
hyundaitech

A couple of other things I have noticed.

When I sat in both a Sonata and Grandeur/Azera, I actually though there was more space up front in the Sonata, despite the fact it was a larger car. In fact, I felt like I could not get the seat back far enough in the Grandeur/Azera to get comfortable.

Okay, I'm not the smallest guy in the world, but it isn't like there's not enough space in that car so that the seat could go back an inch or so further.

Indeed, whether you like Consumer Reports or not, they seemed to have noticed the same thing. Indeed, CR really liked the Sonata, but actually like the Grandeur/Azera even more (minus the front seat and fuel economy).

My hunch is you will be happy with either one.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

I noticed the same thing. We drove a base model Azera, and I was not impressed with it vis-a-vis the Sonata. The cabin is neither quieter, more comfortable, nor noticeably roomier than my 06 Sonata GLS V6.

I'm thinking the base Azera is in no man's land. Based on my test drive, I would get the base Sonata, loaded Sonata, or loaded Azera, but not the base Azera.

Reply to
Bob Adkins