"Strut Noise" Recall, etc.

Hello,

Am in my 70's now, so a bit hard for me to keep up with some of this. Would be most grateful for any help and information on this:

Have a 2010 Elantra. Nice car; really like it a lot. Live in Boston.

Just got a notice for a recall regarding a "strut noise" problem.

Tried Dealership, but Service Guy couldn't, or wouldn't, explain things.

a. What is this recall about, please ? How serious ? e.g., immediate attention needed, or can put off for "a while" ?

b. I did a Google Search, and it seems as if there were other recalls, also. Something comes up re a fuel pump, and some other items. Really confusing. But, never received any notifications for any others.

If someone could outline for me the Recalls and TSB's for a 2010 Elantra, and an opinion re how important, would be most appreciative.

Thank you very much, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Go here, sign up, and read.

Paul in Houston TX

There are too many things to point out, and it'd be hard to tell what applies to your specific car. The site Paul recommends or www.hmaservice.c= om would be a good resource for this; you can sign up for a free account.

For the strut noise recall, it's basically installing some urethane on your strut jounces to stick them in place so they cannot fall down and make noise.

Reply to
hyundaitech