Recall for replacment of power steering cooler hoses

I received a letter recalling my 2002 T&C with 3.3 engine for replacing = the power steering cooler hoses, they may split and cause a loss of = power assist.

I couldn't find this recall in the NHTSA site, am I missing something?

Jack.

Reply to
Jack

Don't know of any recalls but I just had my 2001 voyager in for warranty issues which included moaning and rough feeling power steering and a whirring on cold start in the morning and they replaced the PS. reservoir and hoses per a TSB and it corrected the issues.

LG

Reply to
LG1247

NHTSA only mandates recalls when the automaker shows no interest in initiating their own recall. If the automaker has initiated a recall the NHTSA doesen't generally give a shit about the problem.

Unfortunately in the past, this attitude has led to abuses of the system - for example, Chrysler has done recalls on the clockspring for certain models, claiming that other models didn't have the same clockspring and thus didn't need recalling - however many owners of those other models who had to pay full price for replacing their clockspring vehemently disagree, and the NHTSA didn't force Chrysler to recall those.

Ted

I couldn't find this recall in the NHTSA site, am I missing something?

Jack.

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt