Switch Question

I have a 2006 Elantra GLS sedan and noticed an underhood pushbutton interlock switch that has an unknown function. It's located directly to the left of the power steering fluid reservoir, and is depressed by a rubber extension located on the left underside of the hood. Is this switch part of the alarm system? When I first noticed it, I thought it may be a switch for a light for the engine bay, but then realized "there was not underhood light!"

Any ideas?

Reply to
Don

Of course, I meant to say "There was no underhood light!"

Reply to
Don

If you open the hood while the alarm is armed, it sets it off.

Reply to
Bob

Thought this might be it, but I didn't try it. I thought I would ask the knowledgeable folks here on the group first! Thanks Bob.

Reply to
Don

Turn on the car, look at your dashboard panel, now open the hood and look again at your panel ... notice some icon blinking ????

That's what that switch is for.

Reply to
Victor A. Garcia

This switch reports whether your hood is closed to the alarm system. It won't arm with the switch up. Once armed, opening the hood without disarming sets off the alarm.

Reply to
hyundaitech