thanks hyundaitech for info.

thank you for the information.it took me all week about 27 hours to find info about my transaxle problems.went on differet web site for info. but no luck and finley i found this web site best site for information.thanks again. one more ?.is it worth keeping a hyundai and investing your money to repair it.even if the value of the car is going down.because my girlfriend want to get a honda like a 93 accord or higher since they are reliable cars.we had a 1988 honda accord lxi.it had about 347.000 miles and still running strong.when my trans.broke around 325,000 miles.and put a new transmission,almost everypart from the engine was new.the only thing was not new is the engine block.we should of not sold the car.our 88 honda last longer then our 2000 hyundai.i put alot of money in to the honda.thats why we bought the hyundai 2000 accent.because it was new model.makes me think if we buy a older honda like 93 or newr will the honda last longer then the 2000 models of hyudais cars??

Reply to
cota

You need to consider the cost of repairs vs. the value of the car. The longer your willing to keep the car, the more you'll be willing to invest in repair. I put a $1500 transmission in one of my Tauruses that I knew I'd only be able to sell for $1000 to $1500. The reason I did it was that I knew the car was in good condition mechanically and that I'd have difficulty finding a better (or even similar) car for that same money. The end result was that I got another 70k out of the car. I thought that was a fair deal.

Do some soul searching and decide what you'd like to have as well. Would you rather have the Hyundai or something different?

I always have difficulty answering questions like this concretely because the answer is different for each person. It's all based on what the individual wants and what they believe is best for them.

Reply to
hyundaitech