About a year ago I posted that I had found a Hyundai dealer that replaced
the timing belt on my daughters 2002 Elanta for $230. Many replied that that
was a very good deal. I just received an ad from that dealer with the same
special good till 10/31. In case anyone lives near and wants to take
advantage of the deal, he's in Clarksville Md. Clarksville is about 10
miles south of I-70 on Md. Rt. 32. Between Fredrick and Baltimore. A few
1) Of course there's an additional charge for "supplies", that is common
2) I you have them replace the drive belts also ( I did and you should too)
, make sure they charge only the parts cost and not the "flat rate book"
cost. Remind them that they have to put a belt back on anyway.
3) $230 is the charge for the four, the six is $150 more - I don't know if
that's a great price or not.
4) Call ahead to confirm the cost, you need to make an appointment anyway.
5) here's their web address, its brand new and not complete -