transmisson oil leaking under radiator 2003 XG350

I have a 2003 XG350 thats leaking transmission oil under the radiator. car runs fine back and forth to work about 60 miles with no problems,is this something I can maybe fix cheap?

Reply to
trab

Does the car have a separate trans cooler? There is no way to a radiator or cooler leak that is effective. Check all your hoses because it could be running along them to the radiator.

Clay

Reply to
Crabman

Nothing is cheap.

Leak can be transmission cooling lines, radiator cooling reservoir, or connections between the radiator and cooling lines. Wipe it down and check to see exactly where the leak is. Radiators may or may not be fixable with soldering but a good radiator shop can tell you that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I had a 2001 Elantra, the connectors to the trans cooler in the radiator cracked, mechanic said it was a common problem, don't know if the XG350 has the same deal. Easy to check.

Reply to
Steve and Janet

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks you all I will check for cracks and trans fluid lines to the radiator and Mike its ...could be, maybe not, but then again!....trab

"Steve and Janet" wrote: > On Apr 20, 10:22 am, trab wrote: > > I have a 2003 XG350 thats leaking transmission oil under the > radiator. > > car runs fine back and forth to work about 60 miles with no > > problems,is this something I can maybe fix cheap? > >

Reply to
trab

Excellent!

Reply to