Tucson Fuel Consumption Modification

We run the V6 here in the UK and get appx 18 mpg overall [UK gallon is larger than a US]. We have been griping at Hyundai for a while and they have an extensive test to ascertain the true mpg as vehicle mpg readout is in US gallons. ANYWAY the thing gets the the Korean modification next week ,this involves:- New instruments,speedometer etc New gearbox drive to above, Engine management system re-mapping

Apparently we are the third vehicle in the UK to get this mod.

Will advise group if it works or not!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
bob holloway

Yes, by all means, keep us informed. I have a Tucson that is delivering very poor mileage and have not gotten good advice on how to correct (from two dealers).

Judy Raskin Los Angeles, CA

Reply to
Judith Raskin

When we purchased our new Hyundai a few months ago, we actually were primarily interested in the Tuscon -- until we read on this newsgroup the stories from owners of incredibly poor gas mileage, seemingly even worse than the larger Santa Fe. So we took home an '06 Sonata V6 instead. (We're satisfied with the gas mileage on the Sonata, which has ranged from a low of just over 22 mpg to a high of just under 30 mpg; perfectly reasonable for a six-cylinder car of this size.)

Hyundai really needs to do something about the Tuscon's fuel consumption, reports have it pegged even lower than what we used to get with our ancient AMC Eagle wagon. Maybe they should apply this "Korean modification" across the board!

Reply to
pdp11

In my Tucson, with a v6, I average 23 miles a gallon, with a low of about 20 and a high of 28.

Reply to
Veritas