Tuscon towing capacity

Does anyone know what the maximum towing capacity of the Tuscon FWD 4 cylinder model is? I've read and heard different values, anywhere from "not recommended" to 2000 pounds.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
JPH

Google is your friend. A simple search for "Towing Capacity of Hyundai Tucson" turned up a ton of stuff. Looks like it's a 2000 lb towing capacity.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I agree Google is your friend most of the time, but when I did a search on Google for the tow capacity of my 2005 Accent, it gave me results up to 1500 pounds (not counting the higher kilogram ratings on the UK cars), yet my owners manual says towing is not allowed. Google gives me various different limits for the Tucson, that's why I was hoping an owner had the "real" info available. Too bad Hyundai doesn't list the towing limits on their website like Dodge and Ford do.

JPH

Reply to
JPH

Oye! I understand your confusion. I looked on the Hyundai web site - rather quickly - too, and was disappointed not to see towing capacity. That's bit odd I think. I think I'd have to go with the owner's manual, at least until I could find something else from Hyundai themselves that contradicted it. You sure don't want to screw yourself out of your warranty. That said, unless the Tucson is built out of swiss cheese, it really should have no trouble pulling 2000 lbs with a tongue weight of at least 150 lbs. That's really not a lot of towing strain.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Jody