Diesel engine not starting

I have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper 3.0 litre diesel jeep. It has stopped and won't re-start. I have been told it may be low oil pressure. Can anyone give any information as to how I may solve the problem?

Reply to
Tardree1010

You have a WHAT???

Reply to
gilontheroad

Seems to be a chronic problem with these diesels, I've changed the battery, had many services, still the same hassle, esp in winter.

are you dyslexic or just an american? Isuzu built these beauties until 2002.

Reply to
bigdude

Especially in winter? Maybe your diesel fuel is too thick? Might mix it with some kerosine. Or else the compression is not high enough? Then you might first throw in a bit of engine oil in the cilinders so there's less air leaking away during the compression stroke.

"or just an american?"! Genious! :))

Reply to
shaki

Wow, I'm an American, but I never realized Isuzu built ANY jeeps. Troopers, Rodeos, Amigos, Jackaroos, P'ups, yes. But jeeps? I thought they were built by American Motors, and eventually Daimler-Chrysler...

Jack

Reply to
dieselpup

Outside the US "Jeep" is often used as a generic term for any 4x4 vehicle.

bigD

Reply to
bigdude