Diesel engine not starting

I have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper 3.0 litre diesel jeep. It has stopped and won't re-start. I have been told it may be low oil pressure. Can anyone give any
information as to how I may solve the problem?
Tardree1010 wrote:

You have a WHAT???

Seems to be a chronic problem with these diesels, I've changed the battery, had many services, still the same hassle, esp in winter.

are you dyslexic or just an american? Isuzu built these beauties until 2002.
--
bigD

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:49:09 +0200, bigdude wrote:

Especially in winter? Maybe your diesel fuel is too thick? Might mix it with some kerosine. Or else the compression is not high enough? Then you might first throw in a bit of engine oil in the cilinders so there's less air leaking away during the compression stroke.

"or just an american?"! Genious! :))
bigdude wrote:

Wow, I'm an American, but I never realized Isuzu built ANY jeeps. Troopers, Rodeos, Amigos, Jackaroos, P'ups, yes. But jeeps? I thought they were built by American Motors, and eventually Daimler-Chrysler...
Jack

Outside the US "Jeep" is often used as a generic term for any 4x4 vehicle.
bigD