Motorcycle carrier on a 92 rodeo??

I've got a 92 Rodeo with a 1" receiver. I want to buy a carrier to put my Honda Rebel motorcycle on it. Not a trailer, a carrier that goes into the reciever and the bike sits parallel to the rear of the auto. The motorcycle weighs 322# wet. The setup I have says the tongue weight is 350#. I will have to have some sort of extension so the handle bars clear. Most are built into these carriers and are about

12" to 14" long.

Is this possible? Safe? I will have to get a 1" to 2" adapter for the tongue for a lot of these on sale.

and

The Rodeo manual has a ratio for lenght of trailer vs weight of trailor, but I don't think it applys here.

Thanks

fishstick-at-pacbell-dot-net

Reply to
fishstick