Oil Pressure ??

94 Passport/Rodeo, V6

I'm getting only about 10-15 psi oil pressure at idle. I recall that at idle, it normally ran about 20-30 psi. Dipstick reads full.

Should I be looking at anything here?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
DollarBill

My '95 Passport idles at 6-10psi. Scares the hell out of me. But every time I ask the question, I'm told it's normal. I would say if you were getting 20-30 at idle, you were running high. LOL.

Also, Honda recommends 0W oil in this rig.

AIRN

Reply to
ajpdla

Anything but the dash-mounted oil pressure guage! They are notoriously inaccurate.

If concerned about the oil pressure, I'd suggest attaching a good mechanics guage to make measurements. That will let you kind'a "calibrate" the dash guage and then use it for comparisons and trends, but never absolute readings.

Of course, you could also install an aftermarket guage set if accurate readings during operation is important.

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh