Parts and frustration

Since Isuzu has pulled out of Canada, parts are scarce, to the point of being rediculous.

My 94 Trooper was brokern into recently and as a result the thieves not only took the stereo but the mounting brackets as well. It only makes sence, if you're in a hurry to steal a stereo take the easy way out which means stealing the mounting brackets attached to the stereo.

I've asked one of the local Isuzu shop ( Hyatt Saturn Saab Isuzu) to source the parts. This has been a waste of time. I have them on order but they are in "Written Status". In other words, they are not in stock, not on the to be manufactured schedule and quite frankly not likely to show up in the next generation, generation not being car generation but human generation.

I've been to all the local wreckers, nothing to be found.

I'm not sure if my American and International Trooper compatriots have had this parts supply problem. I would like to know your experience. By the way this is not the first time that I have had a several month wait for parts. About two years ago I had a four month wait for a front axle.

I love my Isuzu, regardless of the Isuzu management decision to abandon Canada and want to keep it on the road.

Reply to
Joe Isuzu

I can't believe that St. Charles Isuzu can't get them. Or a wrecking yard. They are very simple little mounts, just "L" shaped pieces of steel. At least that's what they are for my 98 Trooper. r/ Steve

Reply to
SPR