Re: '02 Axiom oil change question

Hello,

> > Just purchased a new '02 Axiom, and the owners manual says it only > needs an oil change every 7500 miles. > > Has anyone had success changing oil this infrequently? This is my > first "foreign" car, and all of my other vehicles were every 3000 > miles, except for my Ford Ranger which was every 5000 using a > synthetic blend. >

Many vehicles will say 6,000 to 7,500 for light duty use. The more you change it, the longer it will last and the less trouble. I change mine every 3,000. Even with Synthetic I tend to because the filter still needs changing. If you plan on using synthetic I would use regular oil until you get 10K or so on it.

Reply to
milesh